Monday, May 5, 2008

Images from Hartwick Pines State Park

















I know I've posted previously about Hartwick Pines State Park in Grayling, but I just think it's a wonderful place to experience. I went this past weekend, and even though it was a little rainy, we were still able to do a 2 mile hike. I've included images from the walking trails and the logging museum. Some of these trees are over 300 years old! When you are walking down the trail, the smell of the trees just fills your senses. And when you look up the full length of the towering trees, you realize how small you really are. On July 19 and 20, Hartwick will be having their Woodshaving days. For more information on Hartwick Pines State Park:

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I've only seen Hartwick Pines with snow on the ground. Nice to see it in a different season.

Shelley said...

Thanks Jess, I think spring is nice to go walking thru - the bugs aren't quite out yet!

Anonymous said...

yeh Paypal works on blogger, :-)
just sign up and you can put the HTML in with what you are selling and your up

To verify pay pal you will need a bank account which is a bit hacker succeptable. :-(

Amy said...

Awesome! I love big, old trees. I know what you mean by the way that they smell. That black cabin is so quaint! I love it.