Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Images from Seney National Wildlife Refuge





























Last August we traveled to Seney National Wildlife Refuge which is located on 95,000 acres in the Upper Peninsula. Now that I have a better camera, we are looking forward to visiting again this year. If you like opportunities for wildlife observation and photography - this place is heaven. A sampling of the wildlife we saw were Loons, Trumpeter Swans, Sandhill Cranes, Monarch Butterflies and Osprey. You can bike, hike, canoe and more. Here are some images to give you a feel for the 95,000 acre refuge.



8 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow! That looks like a birder's paradise indeed! Thanks for stopping by my blog so I could 'discover' your beautiful photos as well. I've saved your site to my favorites. Lovely!

Jessica said...

I just discovered that you have another blog. I like it, great concept. I sure wish that I could get "up north" more often. And I have always wanted to go to Seney National Wildlife Refuge. Someday....

Shelley said...

Dawn - thanks for stopping by! I love your photos!

Jessica - I have a feeling you would love it - it would put your great photography skills to the task!

Anonymous said...

so nice and amazing - a place where anyone will want to stay

Shelley said...

Nevlin - thank you for visiting. It is a beautiful place!

Texas Travelers said...

Really nice shot of the Loons and young.

I bookmarked the site so that I could come back and visit more.

Nice blog.

Thanks for visiting,
Troy

Shelley said...

Texas - thanks for moseying on over to this blog. I will be keeping track of your blog progress as well! Shell

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Your pictures are wonderful. The loon family is a treat! I don't see that many of them around here. The butterfly on the wispy grass is wonderful. The swan... I like the all! This looks like a great place for wildlife.